This recipe is awesome!! It reminds me of Chili's baked cinnamon apples, or even baked apple pie without the piecrust. I am not one who likes piecrust, so for me this recipe is wonderful. It would be excellent with vanilla ice cream. The smell in your house while this is baking makes it really hard not to sample it before the timer goes off. It's simple and has a very nice end result. 5 Stars all the way!! This would be really great during the holidays.
- 6 cups apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1tbs flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees
- Prepare a 9x13 baking dish by lining it with foil and spray the foil with cooking spray. This will be helpful when it comes to clean up.
- With a peeler peel each apple, and core the apples
- Cut apples into chunks but cutting the apple into 1/4's then cut each 1/4 in half, then cut the cut those pieces into 1/3's
- In a large zip bag place 1TBS flour then add the apples zip the bag up and shake until the apples are covered in flour. It will be so light you won't see the flour on the apples
- Add both sugars and zip the bag and shake well
- Add the cinnamon and nutmeg zip and shake well
- Add the lemon juice zip and shake well
- In your prepared baking pan pour in the apple mixture from the zip bag, and spread out on the pan.
- Place in the 450 degree oven
- Bake for 30 minutes stirring even 5 minutes to insure the apples don't dry out and cook evenly.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving. Serving warm is best.