This was so simple after dinner the other night I threw everything in the crockpot but the chicken. Once everything was in I used the whisk to mix everything together then I stuck the chicken in and covered the chicken with the sauce. 5 hours later it was ready! I let it cool, then stuck it in the refrigerator and heated it up the next day for dinner. Simple and great! It’s very flavorful and excellent! We all really enjoyed this recipe.
- 1 8-ounce can reduced-sodium tomato sauce
- 1 4-ounce can chopped green chiles, drained
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sweet or smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon Honey Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Montreal Chicken Seasoning
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Stir tomato sauce, chiles, vinegar, honey, paprika, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, ground chipotle and salt in a 6-quart slow cooker until smooth. Add chicken, onion and garlic; stir to combine.
- Put the lid on and cook on low until the chicken can be pulled apart, about 5 hours.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and shred with a fork. Return the chicken to the sauce, stir well and serve.
*Calories 91 calories for 4oz. We ate our chicken on 45 calorie pieces of bread served with 1 serving of Alexia sweet potato puffs. Total Calories for the meal= 311*
Calories Calculated on www.myfitnesspal.com