I have never like brussel sprouts. They taste too much like cabbage to me. I decided to try this recipe in hopes that I would like it. I am the only one in my family who doesn't like them, and I hate to NOT make them for everyone else. I LOVED these. They are wonderful. This is perfect for a brussel sprout hater like me!
- 15 Brussels sprouts, halved lengthwise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed with the flat of a knife
- freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter and olive oil in a medium skillet (over medium-high heat) until butter is foamy.
- Reduce heat to medium, add smashed garlic and cook until lightly browned.
- Remove garlic and discard.
- Add sprouts cut side down, cover, and cook without stirring on medium-low heat 10-15 minutes or until tender when pierced with a knife.
- The cut side of the sprouts should get nice and browned, with a nutty, buttery flavor enhanced by garlic.
- Top with freshly grated parmesan and salt and pepper to taste.