I got this recipe out of the Taste of Home magazine. I LOVE their mag!! This would make a nice gift or something to bring to a holiday party!
· 10 cups popped popcorn (I microwave it in a brown paper bag)
· 1 Cup packed brown sugar
· 1/2 Cup butter, cubed (1 stick)
· 1/4 Cup dark corn syrup (I used light)
· 1/4 tsp. salt
· 1/4 tsp. baking powder
· 1/2 Cup mixed nuts
- Place popcorn in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a rolling boil. Cook and stir until candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage).
- Remove from the heat; stir in baking soda (mixture will foam). Quickly pour over popcorn and mix well; stir in nuts.
- Transfer to two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Bake at 200° for 45 minutes, stirring once. Remove from pans and place on waxed paper to cool. Break into clusters. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 2-1/2 quarts.