This recipe turned out so good. It's fast and easy, and the popcorn makes it fun!! My husband who is from the Mid-West informed me that this is a staple where he comes from. I liked the recipe, but it's not something I could eat too often. Also I think next time I would use a light beer to reduce the beer taste. I used a dark beer and I think it was too heavy. Thanks Chef Blade
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 celery ribs, sliced thin
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 cans condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 can chicken stock
- 1 can medium-bodied beer
- 2 cans milk
- Add first 5 ingredients to heavy soup pot and lightly sauté.
- Add remaining ingredients (using empty soup cans to measure the milk and beer) Heat to simmer.
- When serving, top each cup or bowl with generous handful of freshly popped, lightly salted, popcorn.