One word WOW! This is a keeper! I can't tell you how much I loved this recipe. The flavor is amazing and best of all quick and easy. Two of my favorite "Kitchen Words" I would like to thank Miss Erin for sharing.
- 1 lb. green beans
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, finely sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Place the beans in a pan of boiling salted water and cook for 6-8 minutes until firm but not raw, drain well
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the olive oil and heat, adding the onion and cooking for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the beans, salt and pepper to taste and toss.
- Add the chicken stock and garlic.
- Cover and cook for about 10 minutes until tender.
- Season well if desired and serve.