This is a yummy recipe provided to me by Kittencal. These are very juicy burgers, and the flavor is amazing!! A tip from Kittencal ... to keep your burgers juicy adds a 1/2 tbs. of margarine to the middle of the burger. Roll the meat in a ball, stick a whole in the middle of the meat, add the margarine to the middle and cover back up and flatten. WOW what difference it makes!!
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (or use 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- In a bowl crumble the ground beef with clean hands.
- Add in the dry soup mix, egg, garlic, breadcrumbs or crushed soda cracker crumbs, Worcestershire sauce and black pepper.
- Using clean hands mix until combined, add in more breadcrumbs or cracker crumbs if needed to just hold the mixture together (do not overwork the meat or it will be tough).
- Divide the ground beef into 6 equal patties (or make 8 small patties).
- Place the patties onto a large plate or a small cookie sheet; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours or up to 24 hours to blend flavors.
- Grill or pan fry the burgers as desired until cooked through (if desired sprinkle a small amount of seasoned salt on top while cooking the patties).
- Serve burgers in toasted buns with choice of condiments.