This is a WONDERFUL recipe. I started it in the bread machine while. I was cooking dinner and it was ready in time for dessert. The flavor is amazing. You could really play with the flavors in this recipe, and make all kinds of great monkey bread!!
Ingredients for the bread machine:
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 large orange, juiced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
After dough cycle is done:
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons orange juice
- In a one cup measure combine the milk, eggs, grated orange rind, and juice from one orange, and enough water to equal one cup. Place into bread maker.
- Add the flour, sugar, yeast, salt, butter or margarine, and cinnamon to the bread maker and turn machine onto dough cycle.
- When cycle is complete, divide the dough into 20 equal portions and roll into balls (if needed add a little flour to your hands and dough). Dip balls into melted butter and then into brown sugar. Place in greased bunt pan, or round glass dish.
- Let rise for 35 to 45 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated 375 F degrees (190 degrees C) for 25-30 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes then remove from pan.
- Glaze with a mixture of confectioners' sugar and orange juice.