I received this recipe from a friend of mine from France. Jean-Marie was a nice guy who loved to cook as much as I do. He was kind enough to pass along this fantastic recipe and allow me to indulge in it. We lost touch, but each time I make this recipe I always think of him. The white wine makes this recipe, but don’t feel obligated to use an expensive white wine anything works fine.
- 4 Boneless Chicken breast
- 6TBS Margarine Divided
- 1TBS Vegetable Oil
- 3 Large Garlic Cloves
- 1 tsp. Thyme
- 1 Can Chicken Broth
- 1/2tsp Salt
- 1/8tsp Pepper
- 1/2 Cup White Wine
- 1 Large Can Mushroom pieces Drained
- In a large pot boil 3 whole Large Garlic Cloves for 10mins remove from water and add to frying pan.
- In that same frying pan melt 2TBS of margarine then add Salt, Pepper, Thyme, and mix together, then add chicken.
- Cover and cook chicken for 20-30mins or until chicken is cooked through, turn as needed.
- After the chicken is cooked remove chicken from frying pan, and set aside DO NOT drain remaining ingredients in the pan. Add wine, and drained can of mushroom pieces to the frying pan. Reduce by half.
- Add chicken broth. Reduce stock to 3/4 by boiling.
- Remove from heat and add remaining margarine, and chicken, add a little flour if needed to thicken gravy.
- Cook for 5 more minutes to warm the chicken and serve the gravy over chicken or mashed potatoes.