- 6 medium potatoes
- 1/4 Cup Margarine
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 large pod of Garlic
Directions for Roasting the Garlic:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Peel away the outer layers of the garlic bulb skin, leaving the skins of the individual cloves intact. Using a knife, cut off 1/4 to a 1/2 inch of the top of cloves, exposing the individual cloves of garlic.
- Place the garlic heads in a piece of foil. Drizzle a couple teaspoons of olive oil over each head, using your fingers to make sure the garlic head is well coated. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 400°F for 30-35 minutes, or until the cloves feel soft when pressed.
- Allow the garlic to cool enough so you can touch it without burning yourself.
- Use a small small knife cut the skin slightly around each clove. Use a fork or your fingers to pull or squeeze the roasted garlic cloves out of their skins. Set aside
Directions for the Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes:
1. Boil potatoes in salted water until tender Do not remove the skin.
2. In a mixing bowl add Margarine, Sour Cream, and all the Garlic cloves that were roasted.
3. Mix until smooth. (I used my Kitchen Aid mixer it works perfect!)
4. Add the drained boiled potatoes to the mixing bowl
5. Mix again until smooth combining all the ingredients
6. Add Salt and Pepper until smooth