The name of this chicken says it all. A word of caution this shouldn’t be a first date recipe. It’s very garlicky, but if you like garlic you will love this recipe. To cut down on the garlic taste you could leave out the fresh garlic, but I think you would be doing this recipe injustice. When I made this, my family had no idea it was baked not fried. The first thing I heard was wow this fried chicken is good. Nope not fired. The flavor is amazing, and the crispiness leads you to believe this is fried chicken. I love this recipe because it’s something that could be very versatile. I think the breadcrumbs; with the cornbread, crumbs are what give it the extra crunch.
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1/2 cup seasoned cornbread dry bread crumb
- 1/2 cup finely grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a jelly roll pan with cooking spray
- In a bowl a food processor combine fresh minced garlic, garlic powder, bread crumbs, season salt, onion powder, pepper, both cheeses, and process until well mixed.
- In a large bowl place the dry breadcrumb mixture out of the food processor.
- Melt butter, then dip chicken in butter mixture; then in crumb mixture, and repeat until all the chicken is breaded.
- Place in prepared pan and bake uncovered for 30-45 minutes turning the chicken every 15 minutes or until cooked through.