This is a Paula Deen Recipe. It's very easy and the crockpot does most of the work. My family really like it. As for myself I thought it needed a little more wow, but that is the Cajun blood coming out in me.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (14-ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- green onions for garnish
- cooked rice
1. Preheat crock pot on high.
2. In fry pan, heat olive oil. Add peppers, onions and celery. Cook until softened.
3. Add chili powder and saute until caramelized. Remove from heat and pour into crock pot.
4. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, hot sauce, Worcestershire, white sugar, salt and pepper.
5. Cook for 3 hours.
6. Add shrimp and cook for about 3 minutes.
7. Serve over rice. Top with chopped green onions.
Servings: 8 servings
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 3 hours 10 min