This recipe is ridiculously good! They are so addicting that you can’t eat just one, or even just two they are just that good. I know a lot of people would say it’s too much work, but I will tell you that it’s well worth it.
- 1 1/8 cups water (70 to 80 degrees F)
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh basil (optional)
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine, melted
- In bread machine pan, place the first nine ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer.
- Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into 20 portions.
- Shape each into a ball; roll each into a 9-in. rope.
- Place on greased baking sheets.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for 40 minutes or until doubled.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks. Brush warm
Original recipe Soft Garlic Breadsticks