I never thought this recipe would be anything special, but I needed a quick side dish and I had all the ingredients. I happened to be looking through a magazine when I found it, decided to make it that night. It’s a great recipe. We were all big fans of it. The flavor is excellent. I didn’t use Swanson broth because I didn’t have any, but I did have homemade both in the freezer which worked perfectly.
- 1 3/4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 tsp italian seasoning crushed
- 3/4 cup of uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 cup of chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat broth and italian seasonings in 2-qt saucepan over a medium-high heat to boil
- Stir rice and spinach in saucepan. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 20 mins, or until rice is tender. Stir in cheese. Serve with additional cheese.