This is a bragging recipe. The enchiladas are sooo good!! I didn't say they were easy, or not messy, but VERY good!!
- 2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese, Shredded
- 2 Cups Cheddar Cheese
- 12 Corn Tortillas
- 1/2 Onion Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
Chili Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- Salt to taste
Chili Sauce Directions:
- Make a light roux by heating Vegetable Oil in a skillet and stirring in flour.
- Stir and cook until flour has browned the color of peanut butter.
- Add chili powder, water, and salt.
- Sauce will be a thin liquid keep
- Set aside, but keep warm
- Grease a 9x13 pan
- Chop onion and grate cheese
- Set aside
- Heat oil in a second skillet
- Dip corn tortillas in the hot oil for 15 seconds until the tortillas are easy to work with (warm chicken broth can be used instead of oil for reduced fat) Take each corn tortilla from the oil and drain for a few seconds
- Coat each side of the corn tortilla in the chili sauce
- Add cheese and onion to corn tortilla
- Roll up and place seam side down in 1 greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Repeat until all 12 are added to the pan
- Pour remaining sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees, for 10-15 minutes