This is now the third time I have made this ham and I must say it’s fantastic!! It’s super simple to make and I just love it. Buying a Honey Baked Ham is way out of our budget so the next best thing is to make it myself! This is a great recipe and if you check out the original source you will see a video on how to make it yourself and it’s super simple!
- 1 Spiral Cut Ham
- 2 cups white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg (freshly ground if possible)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bone-in spiral sliced pre-cooked ham
- In a small mixing bowl combine sugar, ginger, clove, paprika, onion powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Mix the seasoned sugar mixture well. Place aluminum foil on a cookie sheet, cover the pan with the foil, if you fail to do this, you may have burnt sugar on your pan, and it will take a while to clean off.
- Place ham, open meat side down onto the pan. Sprinkle with the seasoned sugar mixture press sugar onto the outside of the ham. You may not use all of the seasoned sugar mixture.
- Gently heat the seasoned sugar mixture on the ham. Wave the flame quickly over the sugar, you want the sugar to brown, not burn. Staying in one area and moving out from there slowly will make this easier, as you will be heating the sugar in a continual direction. This whole process will take about 15 minutes, so be patient. You can sprinkle more sugar on top of the already browned parts of the ham and make the crust thicker.
- You can either reheat the ham or serve it cold when you are ready.