Visually this is not a very appealing recipe, but it’s a fantastic side dish. I made this to go along without Easter dinner and everyone would crazy over it. I received more compliments than I expected too, and a ton of recipe request. This recipe is called comfort casserole for a good reason. Who needs a hug when you can add potatoes? Add a little ham in there and it would be comfort casserole. We all really enjoyed this recipe and I bet you will too!
- 2lbs Red Potatoes cubed
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 4 ounces of sour cream
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Boil 2lbs of cubed red potatoes until tender.
- Pan fry 6 slices of bacon then allow the bacon to cool, and dice.
- Reserve one tablespoon of bacon
- Remove all of the bacon grease from the pan, but one tablespoon.
- To the one tablespoon of bacon grease and remaining bacon add a half cup of sliced green onions sauté until soft.
- To the bacon and the green onions add a half of cup of sour cream and mix diligently, then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Fold potatoes into the cream sauce, and coat evenly.
- Add the diced potatoes mixture to a baking dish
- Sprinkle cheese and reserved bacon to the top of the potato mixture
- Bake on 350 for 15-20 minutes