While on my lifestyle change quest I have come across some really great recipes. One in particular that everyone seems to be in love with is called Green Monster Smoothie. I didn’t want to make the Green Monster Smoothie because the calorie count (at least the recipe I found) was higher than I was looking for. I decided to make something similar but with lower calories. I call it the Grump Green Smoothie.
I was a little intimidated about added fresh spinach to my smoothie, but you don’t even taste it. Besides adding amazing nutrients to your glass it makes your smoothie an awesome green color, but it doesn’t add any flavor.
The verdict is…. It’s fantastic! Not only does it taste incredible, but it’s low and calorie and full of vitamins. I love the green I know silly but try. Maybe because it looks healthy… I would even consider making it next time without the 2 ounces of fruit juice because I think it could be just as good without the added calories and sugar.
- 3 ounces of cold water
- 2 ounces of frozen pineapple
- 2 ounces of frozen banana
- 3 ounces of frozen strawberries
- 2 ounces of spinach
- 2 ounces of pineapple orange juice (15 calories per ounce)
- 2 Sun Crystal packets
- In your blender or in my case the Magic Bullet add all of your ingredients then blend. It may take a while because the fruits are frozen. Once everything is moving free your smoothie should be ready.
*Obviously you can switch out anything you want and change the recipe anyway that makes you happy.*
131 Calories 64 Carbs 0 Fat 5 Protein
49 grams Sugar (a little High) * This is why I may remove the juice. The juice contains 32 grams of sugar.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com