- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces (or use salted and leave out the salt)
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut the butter into the flour using 2 knives or a pastry blender, keep cutting until the mixture looks like coarse crumbs.
- With a fork stir in the milk, very gently, until a soft dough forms.
- Don't over mix.
- Place the dough in an Oblong Baking Dish; 2 quart (7" x 11")
- Use a spatula or the dull side of a knife and cut the dough into 12 biscuits without actually cutting them apart.
- Bake in 400F oven for about 15-20 minutes or until they are golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack and; cool for about 10 minutes.
- Serve with homemade fruit jam or anything else that takes your fancy.