- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease 8-inch square baking pan or 12 muffin tins
- Combine flour, sugar, corn meal, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Combine milk, eggs, oil and butter in small bowl and mix well. Add to flour mixture and stir just until blended.
- Pour into baking pan. Bake for 35 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean.
- For corn muffins, spoon batter into muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans.